Last Updated on July 10, 2021 by admin
Bank of America customers can now deposit their check online without visiting the banking hall. They have to first download the mobile app first from App store and resister for it.
This make it easy to add funds to your account using any device with a built-in camera. The mobile app lets you know when you’ve reached your monthly deposit limit.
Please note: Check deposits made before the cut-off time on a business day are usually available the following business day. Cut-off times, based on time zones. There might be instances where funds availability is delayed. Especially when the account is new.
However, personal check deposits from new account is usually available by the fifth business day after your deposit, while the first $225 of the deposited funds will be available to you the next business day, But for certified or cashier’s checks or teller, travelers or government checks, the first $5,525 of each day’s deposits are available before the second business day. The remaining funds are available on the fifth business day after the deposit.
There’s no fee to use Bank of America mobile deposit. However, your wireless carrier might charge messaging or data fees.
Reasons why Mobile deposit check may be rejected
The other factors to may lead to check rejection are:Duplicate Deposit. If you’ve already deposited a check, you will not be able to deposit it again.
2.No Payee Indicated – Before attempting to deposit a check, be sure that all crucial areas of information are written down – such as payee, check amount and payer’s signature
3.Amounts Don’t Match-Be sure that you type the correct deposit amount into the app before you take a picture of the check
4. Be sure that your signature is endorsed on the back of the check. you may want to write your account number on the back of the check, and “For Mobile Deposit Only” under your signature.
5. Images Are Blurry -Make sure you have clear picture of both sides of the check. If the images of your check aren’t captured clearly, this could result in a delay of depositing the check
6. If there are two people listed on the check, you will need to include both of their signatures to endorse the check properly. So don’t forget to include both signatures.
How to deposit checks with Bank of America Mobile Banking app
1. Open the app, use your fingerprint to securely sign in and select Deposit Checks.
2. Sign the back of the check and write “for deposit only at Bank of America”.
3.Photograph the front and back of the check with your smart device by selecting the “Front of Check” and “Back of Check” buttons in the app.
4. Select the account into which you’re depositing the check.
5. Enter the amount of the deposit.
6.Confirm the deposit details.
7. After confirming the details, tap Submit.
Benefits and features of Bank of America Mobile App
Apart from check deposit, bank of america mobile has a great benefit,because you can charge of your account, at home or on the go. the service is seamless, fast and secure.
1. Check your balance, deposit checks, view statements, pay bills, transfer money between your accounts and set up alerts through email, text or push notifications. Browse cash-back deals
2.Pay & transfer, it help customers to schedule or pay bills online from home, the office, wherever you can connect. Make quick, secure transfers between your accounts.
3. Budget & track, you can Set up a budget and monitor spending in your accounts and see where your money goes
Bank of America Mobile Deposit Limits
The Bank of America mobile check deposit limit is $10,000 per month for accounts opened for 3 months or longer. For accounts opened for fewer than 3 months, the deposit limit is $2,500 per month.
On the other hand, Bank of America Preferred Rewards members with membership for fewer than three months, there is a $25,000 per month limit. For accounts with membership of three or more months, the limit is $50,000 per month.