Last Updated on July 4, 2022 by admin
Do you want to learn how you can instantly block your account from top banks in the United States when you Lost or misplaced your debit card before official reports directed to the Bank? This will help to stop purchases temporarily by protecting your account from unauthorized transactions.
Whenever you misplace your personal or business credit, debit, ATM and prepaid cards or check it, you block it or contact your bank to avoid fraud. Although banks in the United states have remained committed to educating its customers, informing and protecting them from fraudsters. The Bank has created dedicated pages on its official website that constantly update customers on the schemes fraudsters employ to defraud them.
It’s frustrating and painful when we are defrauded of our earning money by a fraudster when we misplaced our bank card. It’s advisable to report to the bank as they seek innovative ways to safeguard the resources of their customers.
In this post we’ll show you how to block your card and account from major banks in the United States which include Chase, Bank of America, Wellsfargo, region bank, TD and many more.
1. How to block and unlock Chase bank debit card
You can easily lock and unlock your chase debit card when you misplace it or when it’s stolen using an online banking method. Also you can call your bank to enable them to hotlink it.
1. To lock or block your chase bank Card/ account just login to your account online
2. select the account you want to lock or unlock
3. Tap your menu to view “Account services
4. Under “Account services, select “Lock and unlock your card
5. then block your card or unlock it depending on your choice.
2. How to lock and unlock Bank of America Account/debit card
Bank of America customers can easily put hold on their account or lock their card when they misplaced it or stolen to prevent unauthorized transactions until they find it. Using either Mobile Banking app or Online Banking:
When you login to your BOA online or mobile app simply got to Menu to start the process of locking or unlocking your account or card in a simple steps
1. To block or lock your bank of America card,Select Manage Debit Card/Credit Card once you are on menu
2. Tap the card you want to manage
3.Toggle to Lock or Unlock under the card image
4. submit, you will receive confirmation and it will be sent to the phone number and email that linked to your BOA Account.
3. How to lock and unlock Wells Fargo Card
Whenever your Wells Fargo card is stolen or you misplace it you have to your bank to enable them to protect your account from unauthorized transactions by locking it. you can reach to the following contact details:
To locked or unlock your wells fargo Personal credit, debit, ATM, and prepaid cards, or checks call: 1-800-869-3557
For wells fargo Business credit, debit and ATM cards call: 1-800-225-5935
If you are abroad out of the country and you want to lock or unlock your wellsfargo card, kindly call: 1-925-825-7600 (Personal Accounts) or 1-916-480-3190 (Business Accounts
But to replace your damaged, lost, or stolen Wells Fargo Debit or Credit Card,using the online method to request your new replacement card online. It’s quick and easy and you will receive your new card in 5-7 calendar days.
4. How to Block Us Bank Account
If you want to lock your Us Bank card, when you lost it at home or at a gas station, you can easily block it either with your online banking or online banking
Using Mobile App
1. To lock your US bank card, login to your app and From the main menu in the upper left corner, select Manage cards.
2. Choose the card you’d like and select Lock or unlock card.
3.Tap the toggle next to This card is unlocked or locked,your card then select Done.
Using Online banking
You can easily lock or unlock your us bank card using online method, all you need is to follow the steps below:
1. Sign to your account and Select My Accounts at the top of page
2. Then select the checking account your card is linked to.
3. Select Account security on the left, then Lock or unlock card.
4.Select Lock card or Unlock card to complete the action.
5. How to Lock your Capital One bank debit card
You can lock your capital one debit card anytime, anywhere to prevent automatic bill payments or other scheduled transfers from occurring on your account.
1.To block capital one card login to your Capital One Mobile app
2. Select the account linked to your debit card
3. Under “Manage Debit Card”, choose “Lock Your Card” and follow the steps.
4. Select “Lock Card” or unlock card.
6. How to Lock your TD bank debit card
TD bank customers can lock and unlock their debit card anytime, if they must prevent authorize transactions from occurring on your account.
1.To lock and unlock your TD Bank kindly make use of mobile app (Android or iOS) or Online Banking to freeze your card when you misplace it
2. Tap ‘Accounts,’
3. Then ‘Manage your cards’
4. Lock or Unlock Your Card.
7. How to lock PNC bank Card
When you misplace your card there is a need to lock your account and card to avoid new purchases,cash advances or withdrawals. When you lock your PNC credit card, debit card, banking card it will stop further authorized transactions from your account.: Below are steps to lock and unlock your PNC Account.
To lock your PNC Bank card simply to your online portal or mobile app
2.Tap Customer Service tab
3. Visit Manage Accounts section
4. select the Debit Card Services link
5.Tap Debit/ATM Card Services & Resources link
6.select PNC Easy Lock link)
A lock can remain on the card as long as you want and can be removed at any time to resume
use of the card. Locking and unlocking a card is effective right away.
8. How to lock and unlock Region bank card
Regions account holders can easily block unauthorized use of your Regions-issued cards when they misplace it and are stolen. To reduce your risk for fraud. you can lock your credit card, CheckCard, Now Card or ATM card via the Regions app and online banking
when you block your card it will Block all transactions,Block ATM transactions,Block online purchases and Block in-store purchases . Using Regions LockIt card controls helps you control how and when your cards are used. Select the level of control required to block the transactions you need for your particular situation
using Region LockIt from my mobile device to lock your card
1. In the Regions Mobile App, there are two ways to use LockIt.
2. From the main menu, select Services. Choose Regions LockIt and the card you want to manage.
3. Or, from the Accounts menu, select the account. You can easily access Regions LockIt in Account Details.
using LockIt through Regions Online Banking to lock and unlock card:
1. Log in and select Manage Regions LockIt
2. from the I Want To dropdown menu on the top right corner of your dashboard.
3. Or you can also access LockIt controls by selecting the Customer Service tab and then Regions LockIt under Card Services.