Last Updated on October 11, 2023 by admin
Do you want to learn how to send and receive money with Western Union? Do you know you can receive or send money directly from your account abroad with our western union money transfer?
Western Union is an international money transfer service, which enables individuals to send and receive money worldwide. With a network in over 200 countries, Western Union controls 20% of all remittance transactions with over $80B annually.
Customers can send money online from wu.com. After you’ve chosen your destination country, you’ll see the types of services available to you.The service is Fast and reliable it has good Competitive rates and fees
Though before you can send or receive money you need have valid Required Documents , in case of Nigeria you need to have:
A valid BVN – your bank verification number
A valid email address and a phone number
A Nigeria issued debit card
However, different countries have different requirements so you need to check western union online portal to find out requirements for your country of destination
Requirements for Receiving Western union Payments in Nigeria
To receive Western union payment in Nigeria you need to provide the following:
1. The Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN)
2. Expected Amount
3. Acceptable means of identification
4. The receiver’s name, address and phone numbers
5. Sender’s name and country (city to be included for transfers coming from the US and Mexico)
6. Test Question and Answer where applicable.
Direct to Account:
Sender to select ‘Direct to Account/Bank’ option and input receiver’s Account number and bank name . Money is transferred directly to your account
Requirements for Sending Payments Western union in Nigeria
To send out foreign money transfer through Western Uinon you need to provide the following Requirements
1. Sender’s name, Phone number, address
2. The receiver’s name and country
3. Amount in Naira
4. Acceptable means of identification (see Required Documents)
5. Sender must have a FirstBank account or be identified by an account holder
6. Test Question and Answer where applicable
7. A maximum send limit of 3,000USD Naira equivalent per customer per quarter, as stipulated by the Central Bank of Nigeria.
Requirement to create online money transfer via Western Union
Fill in the following fields: name, surname, e-mail, date of birth, country of birth, nationality, occupation, mobile number, street address, city, valid BVN ID and answer the secret question.
How to send Western union through online transfer
To complete your first money transfer, you will have to create an online profile as well verified it then follow these steps:
1. Register on wu.com.
2. Provide your valid BVN number.
3.Verify your email address.
4. Finish your online profile registration and agree on terms and conditions of the service.
5. Verify your phone number.
6. Start your online money transfer.
Pick-up Cash in US Dollars
Customers and non-customers can pick-up cash in US Dollars at any of our branches or have deposited directly into their domiciliary account upon receipt of foreign currency.
To pick up cash at any of our branches, the customer must carry any of the below valid means of identification:
2. Nigerian Driver’s License
3. International Passport
4. Permanent Voter’s Card
5. NIMC ID card
This process can be use by all Nigeria commercial bank and other countries in the world. Please ensure you check with your country bank requirements.
How to track western Union
To track your western union transfer kindly visit https://www.westernunion.com/global-service/track-transfer
Then input your 10 digit MTCN Number on the mtcn tracking number space indicte is you are receiver or sender
Source: Western Union