Absa bank has unveil their mobile banking, USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data)for financial transaction ranging from fund transfer, check account balance, pay bills, buy airtime, get mini statements and many more. This currently available on Vodafone, MTN, AirtelTigo, Cell C and Telkom.
However, Before customers can make use of the mobile banking magic code you need to register/ enroll to enable you transact without data or internet connectivity.The service is seamless, secure and reliable when it come to digital banking service.
For the purpose of discussion, we shall take a look on how to activate your Absa mobile banking ussd and online banking, fund transfer, pay bills, check account balance and other transaction you can carry out on- the- go.
What you can do With Absa mobile banking ussd code?
1. Use any mobile phone for the service.
2. Transact without data or internet connectivity.
3. Easily transfer funds.
4. Check your account balances.
5. Get mini statements.
6. Transfer money to a mobile money wallet.
7. Pay your bills.
8. Make airtime top-ups to any mobile number.
How to register/enroll for Absa bank ussd
If you are Ghana account holder with Absa,to activate your account with Absa ussd code Simply dial *895# to connect to the service and follow the prompts, or visit the nearest branch to be registered.
But for those in South Africa they can enroll for Absa ussd code by dialing *120*2272# on your phone then Follow the prompts message to register for USSD banking, Once registered you will be able to check your balances immediately, do other banking activities at a go.
For Zambia Absa bank account holder that can register by following the process given below.
1. Dial *229#
2. Select Option 1: Self registration (Only for Absa customers)
3. Enter branch code
4. Select branch name
5. Enter account number
6. Press 1 to accept terms and conditions
7. Enter date of birth digits
8. Enter card number digits
9. Enter debit card’s expiry date
10. Receive confirmation screen of successful registration
11. Temporary mobile banking PIN will be sent to your device via SMS
How to transfer fund, buy airtime, check account statement and pay bills with Absa bank ussd code
To transfer fund, buy airtime, check account statement and pay bills via your absa bank ussd code as Ghana account holder kindly dial *895# from your register phone number that is link to your account and follow the onscreen message
For South Africa account holder, you can perform this function by *120*2272# from the register number link to your Absa bank.
To buy electricity and top up airtime as Absa Zambia account holder simply
2. Enter mobile banking PIN
3. Select option 4: Banking Services then select option 2: Pay Bills
4. Select Pay a registered biller (if any)
5. Select the biller
6. Enter bill amount
7. Select the account to be debited
8. Press ## to proceed
9. Press 1 to confirm transaction
10. Confirmation screen.
11. Receive token via SMS
And to transfer funds and send cash as Absa Zambia account holder kindly
2. Enter your 4-digit PIN for Hello Money
3. Select the ‘CashSend’ option 1 from list
4. Enter the Receiver phone number
5. Enter the amount to be sent in multiples of K50. Maximum allowed per transaction is K4000.00
6. Select debit account number
7. Create a 6-digit custom PIN for the transaction, confirm the 6-digit PIN created by re-entering it
8. Confirm the transaction, and receive a confirmation note of the transaction. An SMS will be sent to the number entered with the details of the voucher
9. Send the PIN separately to the recipient for security reasons
To transfer to wallet as Absa bank account holder in Zambia, dial
1. Dial *229# and enter PIN
2. Select Mobile Wallet (option 2)
3. Select wallet for sending money to (Airtel/MTN/Zamtel)
4. Select wallet to transfer funds to (to own number or to other mobile number)
5. Enter the number you wish to send money to
6. Enter amount you wish to transfer
7. Select account you would like to transfer from
8. Confirm transaction
How to add a beneficiary as ABSA Zambia account holder
To add beneficiary as Absa bank account holder in Zambia kindly follow the process below.
1. Dial *229#
2. Enter mobile banking PIN
3. Select option 3: Airtime Top up
4. Select operator (Airtel/MTN/Zamtel)
5. Select option 2: To Other Number
6. Select option 3: New beneficiary
7. Select the operator (check with receiver if unsure)
8. Enter the mobile number
9. Enter the beneficiary nick name (max 20 characters)
10. Press 1 to confirm details
11. You will see a confirmation screen
Absa Online and Mobile banking – how to register and login
To start online Absa bank online banking you have to download the Banking App from your app store or Absa Online Banking
Absa Banking App registration steps
1.Download the Absa App from Google Play or the App Store
2. Tap on I’m already with Absa
3. Select Register for Digital Banking
4. Enter your ATM card number followed by your ATM PIN and tap Continue
5. Confirm your contact details and accept the verification request
6. Accept the Personal Client Agreement and tap Continue
7. Select your access account and your billing account for online banking fees
8. Create a 5-digit PIN
9. Create and confirm your Password
You are now successfully registered on the Absa Banking App
Absa Online Banking registration process
1. On the Absa website home page click on Logon in the top right of the screen
2. Click Register
3. On the Absa Online Registration page, enter your details and the code on the screen
4. Enter your ATM card number and PIN
5.Select the account to be charged
6.Enter your email address and select your title and Read and accept the Personal Client Agreement
7. Under the Absa Online Security Information section, choose a strong 5-digit PIN
8. Confirm the PIN for Absa Online
9. Click Register
You are now registered to use Absa Online Banking
How to transfer money, buy airtime, check account balance and other transaction via Absa mobile app and online banking
To transfer money, buy airtime, check account balance and other transaction using your mobile app and online baking. kindly login and follow the instruction indicate in the app or online banking.