United Bank for Africa UBA offers digital banking such as Unstructured Supplementary Service Data USSD , mobile app, online banking to Open a UBA account, transfer funds, buy airtime for yourself, family & friends, pay your bills, pay for your flights and check your account balance all on your mobile phone link to your UBA account.
With UBA 919 USSD Magic banking you can also perform cardless withdrawal, check account balance history and perform your internet banking at a go without visiting the banking hall. The service is seamless, secure and reliable.
To open account number in UBA ,Simply dial *919# and follow the easy steps. Your account number will be sent to your mobile line. Then visit any UBA business office with your identification so that your BVN can be linked to the account.
UBA customer can also make use of their transfer code to buy Air-ticket, Bill Payments, fund Sports Wallet, Load UBA Prepaid Card. The service is available to MTN, Airtel, Glo and Etisalat subscribers
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE MOBILE BANKING ACCOUNT
Before you can activate the UBA USSD code, you need the following:
UBA Bank Account
UBA Debit Card
UBA Prepaid Card
Active Phone Number
Those are the actual things you will need to register and activate UBA mobile banking in Nigeria.
Please note: Customers must carry out the magic code on there register phone number with the bank.
You have to be enrolled for SMS alert and the number you are dialing the code from must maintained on the account/prepaid card you are trying to enrolled.
How to enroll/Register for uba ussd PIN
- Dial the UBA magic banking code *919#.
- A welcome message will appear on your mobile screen.
- Select option 1 to sign-up for the UBA USSD code.
- Then you have to choose between registering with Nuban account number or UBA Prepaid.
- Select “Prepaid With PIN” if you are a UBA prepaid subscriber.
- If you are not a prepaid subscriber, then Select “Account with PIN“.
- Enter your 10 digit account or prepaid numbers.
- Create your magic banking PIN. You will need the last 4 number on your ATM card or BVN for this.
- Confirm PIN to complete the registration.If the user is not yet registered, she/he would be presented with registration options: With UBA Account or With UBA Prepaid Card
How to open UBA Account Via USSD
To enjoy the full benefits of your new UBA account,Simply dial *919*20# and follow the easy steps. Your account number will be sent to your mobile line. Then visit any UBA business office with your identification so that your BVN can be linked to the account.
How to Pay For Your Airline Tickets using UBA ussd
1. To book your flight using Unstructured Supplementary Service Data (USSD) Dial *919*12#
2. Input 4 digit Magic Banking PIN and select bank account to pay from
3. Select desired airline and input flight PNR (Passenger Name Record)
4. Input phone number of passenger and payment amount (Passenger Name Record)
That’s it. Flight paid for
How to check UBA bank account balance/history
To check your account balance with uba simply Dial *919*00# to check your account balance
How to buy Airtime from UBA
To buy airtime from uba using mobile banking ussd code dial *919# to top up airtime on your phone and for others
Buy Airtime top up for self
Simply dial *919*amount# on your registered mobile line (e.g. *919*1000#)
Buy Airtime top up for family and friends
Simply dial *919*Phone Number* Amount# (e.g. *919*08123456789*1000#)
Benefit of UBA Mobile banking ussd code
1. Works with phone numbers registered with UBA
2. The service is available to MTN, Airtel, Glo and Etisalat subscribers
2. No fee is charged for top ups
4. Maximum account balance is N200,000
5. Daily recharge limit is N5,00
How to Transfer Funds via UBA mobile banking
To transfer money to friends and family or transfer within your account dial *919#
How to Send money to a UBA account
Dial *919*3*account number*amount# from the phone number you registered with UBA, then follow the simple steps
How to Send money to a UBA Prepaid Card
Dial *919*32# from the phone number you registered with UBA
How to Send money to other banks
Dial *919*4*account number*amount# from the phone number you registered with UBA
Features & Benefits
It works on all phone types
It is fast and convenient
It does not require data on your phone to send money
It allows you to send money to accounts in any Nigerian bank
It allows for higher transaction limits of up to N1m per day