Skye Bank was taken over by Polaris Bank following the inability of the owners of the bank to shore up the capital of the distressed bank which had earlier received a N350 billion intervention in July 2016.
CBN revoked the banking licence of the Bank, and transferred its assets and liabilities to a newly licensed bridge bank called Polaris Bank.
Polaris bank ussd code can be access from all kind of phone as far as the phone is capable of carrying out USSD sessions. You do no not require data because USSD sessions do not require the use of mobile data.
Also You just need to have an active Polaris Bank account and an SMS enabled Mobile phone. If you are signed up for Polaris Mobile in the past, you will be required to use your Polaris Mobile PIN.
How to register/enroll for Polaris bank *833# Smart Code?
If you are signed up for Polaris Mobile, Dial *833# and start using. If you are not signed up on Polaris Mobile, please follow the steps below:
1. Dial *833# from your Polaris Bank registered line
2. Select option 6 to check your balance
3. Follow the prompts to enter your account Number
4. Enter any 4 digit number to be used as PIN
5. Balance is displayed
6. You are now registered for *833# Smart Banking
I dialed the *833# code and selected a service and was asked to input my PIN, what PIN am required to enter here? Please use your PolarisMobile PIN if you are signed up on PolarisMobile. If you have never signed up for or used PolarisMobile, please use the 4 digit PIN you created during *833# Smart Code sign-up.
How to Buy Airtime from Polaris Bank (Skye Bank)
Dial *833*amount# (Eg. *833*1000#, to buy 1000 naira airtime for your mobile number registered with Polaris Bank (Skye Bank)
To Buy for friends and love once.
Dial *833*Amount*Phone Number# (Eg, *833*1000*08051112222#, to buy N1000 airtime for your friends
How To Transfer Money Using Polaris (Skye) USSD Code
To make inter and intra bank funds transfer using polaris bank USSD code:
Dial *833*amount*account number#
Enter Account Number
Enter 4 digit PIN
How to Check Account Balance Using Polaris Bank USSD
Dial *833*Amount*Account Number# using the phone number registered to your skye bank account.
Complete the transfer using your transaction PIN
You will be charged 10 – 11 Naira for this transaction
Features of Polaris Bank 833 Mobile Code.
Check Account Balance.
Hotlist Debit Card.
Pay with MasterPass.
Update BVN Profile.
Open an Account.
Polaris Bank USSD Codes For :
Open Account: *833*1#.
Bills Payment: *833*2# >> follow on-screen prompt.
Hotlist ATM Card: *833*4# >> follow on-screen instruction.
Pay with MasterPass: *833*7#.
Change PIN: *833# >> 9 or * >> 1 to change PIN
The polaris bank ussd code *833#? services enable customers to performed the following:
1. Account Opening
2. Bills Payments
3. Funds Transfers
4. Hotlist Cards i.e block card
5. Balance Enquiry
How to change your Polaris bank ussd PIN
1. Dial *833# from your phone line registered with Polaris Bank
2. Select option 9 or * on the menu (other services) click on send
3. Select option 1 for PIN change
4. Select the account number you would like to change pin for
5. Enter your current PIN or default pin (where a PIN reset has been done) in the ‘OLD 6.PIN” field and send
7. Enter your new preferred PIN in the ‘New PIN’ field
8. Re-Enter your new preferred PIN to confirm
9. Your PIN has been successfully change
What is my transaction limit for Transfers and Bill Payments on Polaris bank *833# Smart Banking?
You can transfer up to N50,000 for transfers and payments and you do not need to visit the branch to increase your transaction limit if you have not already done so on PolarisMobile.
What is my transaction limit for Airtime Top on POLARIS BANK *833# Smart Banking?
Polaris bank customers can buy airtime of N5,000 daily and N20,000 monthly.
Polaris bank ussd code service charged
1. Balance Enquiry N10.50
2. Transfers (Same Bank) N10.50
3. Transfers (Different Bank) N52.50
4. Bill Payments (PHCN, DSTV) N105
5. Bill Payments (LCC) N52.50
6. Bill Payments (Bet9ja) N52.50
7. All other services on *833# smart banking are not charged
How to Pay Bills from Polaris bank ussd code(*833*2)
Renew your DSTV subscription, pay your electricity bills and fund your Bet9ja account with *833#.
Dial *833*2# from your mobile phone, select your preferred account to pay with, select a biller, and follow the prompts to input the payment details and validate with your PIN to complete the payment.
Steps to take
1. Dial *833*2#
2. Select which of your Polaris Bank Accounts you would like to use to make the payment
3. Select the biller you would like to pay
4. Follow the prompts
5. Enter the amount
5. Enter your PIN (Please use your PolarisMobile PIN if you are a PolarisMobile user or 7. enter the 4 digit PIN created during your registration for *833# registration)